Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My son's birthday card this year

Some of my son's many interests are grilling, smoking meats and using his own blends for bar-b-que flavoring and rubs.  Along with other firefighters, he has entered contests and competitions. Last year I used the same stamp set for my son-in-law's birthday because he also smokes meats and grills a lot also.

For Mark's birthday card I chose a little different approach by using watercolor pencils, a medium I rarely use. I really like this paper from the Travel Journal Designer Series Collection, so I paired it with Naturals Ivory card stock and watercolor paper. Other supplies include Basic Black and Chocolate Chip inks, Vintage brad, red twine, red button from Button bouquet, and oval punches.

I know this will bring a smile to Mark's face when he sees it.

Blessings to you!

6 comments:

Becky said...

I love this stamp set, and you did a fabulous job on this Birthday card. He will love this one!!

Sandy said...

What a fun birthday card! I'm sure your son will love it. I haven't used pencils for such a long time. Makes me want to get them out and try them again!

Thanks for your sweet comments on my cards!

Joan Ervin said...

You used the perfect stamp for your son, Barb...any man who likes to grill would love this....thanks for the inspiration with the pencils, too....I need to give mine a little love!!!!

Jacquel said...

This is really cute Barb & I'm sure you son will LOVE it! I hope he has a very nice birthday & many more to come!!!!

Grace said...

Hi Barb! Oh my goodness this image is fantastic for the guys... and being a griller your son will love it!!! I don't own any watercolor pencils but they sure look fun! You did a great job with the coloring! Happy Birthday to your Son!

Have a blessed week!!!
hugs,
grace

Peggy said...

Hi Barb, I just wanted to pass on the Stylish Blogger Award to you. I really enjoy your blog. You can find out more about the award on my post @ www.stampinpeg.blogspot.com CONGRATS!