Monday, March 28, 2011

Delft Blue Tile Technique

When I saw this technique on the Splitcoast Stampers site, I thought I'd like to try it...ok the sample looked so much better than my tiles! I followed the  wonderful tutorial but being as critical of my own work as I am, I'm not thrilled with the look of the 'tiles'. I cut and scored exactly and did my best with using a Jumbo wheel roller to create the tile design and I do like the shade of blue ink I used. I mounted the 'tile' paper on Ballet Blue which I also used as a back drop for my pot of flowers. The stamp is from the set Bloom which will never grow old in my collection of stamps.

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!
Blessings to all!

4 comments:

Lila Castro said...

This is just fantastic!

xx

Jacquel said...

Very, very cute Barb! I'll have to try that technique....TFS!!!

Becky said...

Looks beautiful to me Barbara, love the colors.

Joan Ervin said...

You did a fabulous job with the tiles, Barb...this is sooo pretty with the blue and white color combo and I love the flower image you used!!!