Thursday, April 16, 2009

Color challenge, wrong stamp, lessons learned....


The color challenge on SCS this week is Bordering Blue, So Saffron and Pink Pirouette. Easy, I thought, pretty colors. Perhaps it would have been, had I chosen a different stamp to use, but after I colored and cut out the large flower (SU's From the Garden) I wasn't happy with the cs base. The blue just didn't look right, so I went with the saffron after running it through the CB with the Swiss Dots folder although I still don't like the look, something dark would really have made the flower stand out. However, I stuck to the colors but may tear it apart and finish it differently now that it's entered in the challenge. This is one neglected stamp among many and thought I would give it some use. I stamped it in Basic Brown on Whisper White using Pink Pirouette to color the petals and So Saffron with a touch of Certainly Celery for the leaves. I added yellow Stickles to the center and Diamond to the rest to add a little dewy sparkle, although the scanner didn't pick this up. No sentiment because I'm not sure how I will use this card.

14 comments:

Denise Clark said...

Boy, do I understand about neglected stamps! My hubby teases me that my stamps are crying in the drawers, feeling left out, uninked! ;)

I like your card. A dark background would have made the flower stand out more, but this color gives it a very soft touch which is nice too!

Thanks for stopping by Stamping Vacation and leaving a comment!

Becky said...

I know about neglected stamps, I have a few, and I have this stamp that I have never used, I might go right now and dig it out and use it :). This card is lovely Barb. The color combo looks great. And you did an awesome job coloring it.

LINDA said...

Oh BARB, I think this card is Gorgeous just the way it is..I know what you mean too. I have many neglected stamps also..Ive thought about selling some of them, but then I just dont think I can part with them..
Hugs, Linda

Gramrussell said...

Well I'm glad to know that people tear aprt cards and redo them! I've done that several times. I do like the soft spring colors of this card. So maybe you shouldn't do it to this one! LOL

Chrissy D said...

I have a ton of neglected stamps Barb! LOL Your card is so soft and pretty! TFS!

Jacquel said...

I like your card Barb and the textured background is nice! I kind of see what you mean about the darker background though....it still looks good Hun!!

I have neglected stamps myself...I try to get rid of them first chance I get when they retire! That's a new rule I made for myself...if I haven't used it, it's gone. I cleared up a LOT of space by doing that LOL!!
Hugs,

Christi Flores said...

I have a lot of neglected stamps myself but am trying to use them more (if time allows of course). I think your card is beautiful!!!

Jeanette said...

I have a few neglected ones myself Barb! I really love this card. It is so soft and delicate looking!
Hugs Jeanette

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite stamp sets...your card looks amazing!

Becky said...

Hi Barb. You know I won at Joys, but do you know how to email her :)???

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Barb, your card is just lovely!!! The challenge colors look awesome with this stamp and I know it must be happy to receive a little love, for sure!!! You did a beautiful job on this!!!

Ginny said...

glad to know Im not the only one that pulls their cards apart...and has neglected stamps...lol

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I think we all have neglected stamps. Your card is beautiful! It looks gret in these colors!!

Shirley said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colors too!