Friday, December 5, 2008

Chrissy's Belli challenge-cracked glass


This week's challenge is using cracked glass. I had only done this once before and it was in a class last Spring. Here is what I came up with. All materials are SU. except for the CM Silver Shimmer paper. After I cracked the 'glass' I sponged silver ink on the image and wiped it off, but decided not to apply it to the poinsettia. I'm not happy with the cracking lines but like the glossy finish. You can find Chrissy's challenge on her blog Creating with Chrissy

15 comments:

Ann said...

Oooh, love the cracked glass look! :D

i'm with the band said...

This is so pretty!

Lynn Put said...

This is very pretty! Your cracked glass looks great on the saying you used!

cheryl (clee') said...

Beautiful card...I've never tried that technique.

Joan Ervin said...

Your cracked glass turned out gorgeous...love how you sponged the silver and your poinsettia is beautiful....Awesome challenge card!!!

ScrappinGalz said...

This card is awesome. I love the cracked glass. Its perfect

Anonymous said...

Your card is exquisite!

Lorraine said...

gorgeous Christmas card. thank you for sharing. I love the embossed tree as well.

loretta said...

This is pretty. You did a wonderful job with the challenge!

Heidi said...

I love this one!

Chrissy D said...

Barb, this turned out beautifully! I love the red (my favorite color!) and the stamp too! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge!

Brenda said...

Very pretty card. I love the red and white! Gorgeous.

Jacquel said...

Gorgeous card and love the red! You did a great job with this technique!!

Unknown said...

oh wow, its beautiful.
i will need to try this technique :)

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW! I love the sentiment, colors, the way you sponged the silver on afterwards -- everything about this is just fabulous!