Saturday, November 22, 2008

Give a moose a muffin!

I am finally catching up on the challenges from SCS and the PCP color challenge for this week! First, the color challenge is to use Kiwi Kiss, Ellegant Eggplant, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla and Creamy Caramel! Lots of colors in this one for sure! I am getting low on card stock so I had to figure out how I was going to work them all in. I went back to check the SCS weekly challenges and The Fan Club Interactive challenges from the Dirty Dozen and tried to figure out something. I had been thinking about this month's challenge of Chick Lit and Jenn said we could use any books as inspiration. Well, children's literature is right up my alley and a favorite book of mine and the grands is "If you give a Moose a Muffin...." by Laura Neumeroff. I pulled out my Hanna Stamps- Riley stamp and started my card! Riley loves muffins, cocoa and cupcakes so that was my theme. I used Carol Burrage's sketch, the Ways to Use challenge which is to use pearls , pearl paint etc. (mine are on top of the cupcakes and in the cocoa) and the Limited supplies challenge to incorperate chocolate with the Fan Club book theme. That was easy with the cocoa. I don't have any stamps that are mugs or cups so I drew it freehand and it does look like a cup which amazes me! For the background I used my new CB Snowflakes folder.


Thanks for taking a look and reading my blog. Cocoa sound good about now? It does to me on this very cold November evening. Stay warm!

5 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Barb- you have been a BUSY lady! This is sooo cute! TFS!

Michelle Pearson said...

Cute story..and what a perfect kid card this would be!

Have fun in blogland.....it's a whole new world!!!

Holly Young said...

oh this is cute! I love your take on the story.

Anonymous said...

this is sooo cute!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Great Riley card.