Friday, June 26, 2009

Lovely Oak


Today's SCS Limited Supplies Challenge is to choose from the A'La Carte Menu of the items you want to use formaking your masculine card. I chose the following: Menu #1 (2)non-floral nature theme; Menu #2 (2) greens & browns; Menu #3 (1) ribbon & brads but no bows. I used the oak from SU's Lovely as a Tree and sentiment from Congrats. My card base is Certainly Celery in a 5" square card. On that I mounted the wonderful textured diagonal brown stripes from To the Nines Specialty paper, also two cream brads and Mellow Moss ribbon. My oak is stamped three times using the Stamp-a-ma-jig first in Certainly Celery, then just the base in Close to Cocoa and the leaves in Mellow Moss for variation. The word Congratulations is stamped in Close to Cocoa. I sponged Mellow Moss lightly on the stamped paper to soften the look.

15 comments:

Lorie said...

Pretty!

Becky said...

This is lovely Barb, love this tree, and that dp goes just right with this.

Kathy Jones said...

A wonderful, strong masculine card Barb!!! You've done a great job with this challenge!!

Denise Clark said...

Barb, I love your take on the challenge. Great job and wonderful card! Love the greens. That tree is such a terrific image. It will never go out of style!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing your comforting words. You are right. Being a caregiver is very tiring. But it's also very rewarding. It was hard for me to watch the nurses do so much for him at the hospital.

Gramrussell said...

Such a great "guy" card. I love the image and the PP is a perfect match.

Grace said...

Oh Barb I love this! I will always love this set! The colors are so soothing and I think you did a great job on the challenge!!!

Ann said...

I just love this set for masculine cards. Yours turned out beautifully!

Shirley said...

I love this set and your card is stunning! How warm and perfect for a male card!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love this card Barb!! That stampset is one of my faves for masculine cards. Stunning card! Great job on the challenges!

Jeanette said...

This is a very elegant card Barb. Very well done! Hugs Jeanette

Heidi said...

this is just great, I love this set.

B said...

Love the masculine card! So elegant!

Jacquel said...

this is a fab card Barb...tfs!

Hope you have a wonderful 4th!!!

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful card, Barb...that is one of my favorite sets!! I love the tree and the wonderful colors you used!!!

Ceal said...

all your cards are lovely as always. the one with the tree is my fav. I think