Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ellie's 1st real design!


Today Ellie's elementary school had Kindergarten registration so she had no school. I decided we needed some one on one time together so she is spending the day with me. One of the things we have done is make a Mother's Day card for her mom, my dd. She wanted roses and that's what she got! Ellie age 6 1/2 stamped this herself placing the roses and butterflies where she wanted them. I am amazed at how well she designed this! I only had to help her get started with the stickles. Ellie has made many cards but not something like this, I know Sue will treasure it. We are trying to make her Mother's Day a pleasant one with her DH out to sea. I am so proud of how much this little girl has grown in the past year.Looks like another stamping family member!

Friday morning: I'd like to thank all of you for the kind words to Ellie about her card. I'll show her next time she comes over, she will be so happy! Her artistic talent comes from her dad who when he has the time, has done wonderful drawings.
Have a beautiful and blessed day!

11 comments:

Lorie said...

Way to go Ellie! That card is beautiful and I'm sure your mom will LOVE it!

Heidi said...

good job ellie!

Ann said...

Wow! This is beautiful! Way to go, Ellie!

LINDA said...

Absolutely stunning...Love it..
Hugs, Linda

Rose said...

what a fantastic job she has done!! never would have guessed her age by looking at her work, i think you have a very gifted GD on your hands :D her mom will treasure this forever.

Becky said...

Elli..What an awesome job, this is beautiful, lovely image and lovely colors. I think I need to go back to elementary school :)

Jeanette said...

WOW Ellie! Your card is just gorgeous! The colors are amazing and the whole card is just stunning! You are a very talented girl! Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us!
Hugs Jeanette

Jacquel said...

This is a gorgeous card! I love it...tfs!!!

Shirley said...

A very beautfiul card by a wonderfully creative little girl with a loving and beautiful grandmother too!

Kathy Jones said...

This is beautiful and goes to show, you're never to young to start exploring your creative side!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Elli, your card is WONDERFUL! The colors and stamps you chose are just perfect -- I'm sure your mom must have loved it! Barb, you have a talented little grandaughter on your hands -- thank you so much for sharing her beautiful work!