Sunday, May 3, 2009

Black and Linen Floral


Last Thursday's SCS Ways to Use challenge was to use basic black as the dominant color on your card, so I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I chose the black and linen floral print from the DCWV La Creme matstock pad that was a gift to me. There are some very interesting patterns included and also some flocked patterns, out of my comfort zone but I have to reach out every so often to try something different! That said I tried to be careful to keep the rest simple. I chose the Happy Mother's Day from SNSS Special Women stamped on the solid linen matting it on solid black. The only trim is a French Vanilla SU brad and two tiny black butterflies punched from Creative Memories Meadow punch. On the inside flap of the tri-fold card I added a few linen butterflies and continued them under the linen paper on which I stamped the sentiment. I will be sending this to my friend who gave me the paper. Oh yes, I used a Martha Stewart lace edge punch to scallop the bottom of the paper. This friend has not been feeling up to par for several months so I'd like to tell her how special she is to me on Mother's Day. She runs a day care and has nurtured many little ones over the years. We met through scrapbooking and became fast friends.

I just found my list of challenges for last week and realize that because I used a large brad, this can be entered in the Creative Belli Challenge #64. You were to use a large brad or jumbo eyelet.

10 comments:

Ann said...

Barb, this is SO pretty! I love the paper and tiny butterflies!

LINDA said...

Stunning!! I love this card its so elegant.. Lovely work as always..
Hugs, Linda

~Inkerprints said...

Love your Basic Black challenge card Barb! You did a beautiful job!
Valerie

Jacquel said...

This is very pretty Barb! tfs!!!

Cheryl Walker said...

I was getting ready to leave a comment on the top post, and then I saw this card. Your card turned out BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love the colors, and the layout, and I LOVE that dp!!!! you did a great job!!!

Have a wonderful thursday!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Shirley said...

Vintage Lovely! and the linen is perfect too!

Danita said...

Barb, such a pretty card, love that paper!!! Thanks for playing in the Creative Belli Challenge!!!

Danita

Holly said...

Oooohhhhh this is soooooo pretty! Love that paper! The large vanilla brad is so perfect with this!! Love your Belli Card!

Chrissy D said...

This is absolutely stunning - I love the colors and everything about. The brad is pretty too! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! The linen and black go so well together. Love thos little butterflies!