Saturday, February 27, 2010

Teen birthday card


You can see that I am a little rusty but am trying to get my mojo back. This design has been in my head for some time but had to get onto paper for my oldest grandson's 15th birthday on March 1st! I had never made a starburst before, knew how it should look but had some issues with cutting one out. Then I used the wrong glue for the glittered star which took overnight to dry even with heat setting it. Next my black embossing powder wouldn't brush off the card base so there are spots not supposed to be there..This is what I came up with and I know CJ won't notice all the mistakes that my critical eye found!
SU's Extreme Guitar is a great stamp for teens and blends well with Friends Rock set. My cardstock is SU Ballet Blue & Whisper White, the accent is a textured silver paper. The star chipboard covered in red glitter and black embossing powder are Stampin'Up. This card qualifies for the central theme of SCS Dirty Dozen Fan Club Interactive this month and color challenge to use Olympic colors this week.
Thanks for looking and have a blessed day!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Barbara this rocks!!! :)

Shirley said...

How cute is that! It really does remind me of the good old days.