Monday, July 20, 2009

Saturday's Stamp Camp at Ruth Murphy's


I attended Ruth Murphy's Stamp Camp with another demo friend at which we made some terrific cards. This is the 1st and is made using the brand new Autumn Days stamp which makes a super masculine card! Ruth's design called for Crushed Curry cs for the base, Soft Suede printed in the same ink using the new Woodgrain background stamp, masking of the sky to reveal the blazing sun and and stamping the pheasant only once but using three colors on the stamp. First I stamped in Crushed Curry, then the feet & bottom in Soft Suede and finishing him in Dusty Durango. I love the effect all this gave. I did have some trouble using the daubers for the sky and ground; I haven't mastered a light touch with them. I much prefer sponging! Everyone's card was slightly different, making each one our own interpretation. I have done this with the next cards as well.


This card I call Blazing Roses. Ruth chose the cs and ink colors, but we took it from there as to how deep we wanted the roses to be. The Manhattan Flower embossing folder created the image on Shimmer paper. Turning it to the indented side, I first brayered in YoYo Yellow, then Pink Passion and finally Only Orange giving it an unusual color and leaving the outline white. I then cut the flowers out, stamped some leaves from A Rose is a Rose in Always Artichoke, cut them out and glued all to the orange cs layer then mounted on the Pink Passion base. The card is finished with a sentiment from Oval All layered onto a scallop layer of Pink Passion. I had a lot of fun with this card!

These are only two of the 5 cards we made. I'll post others soon. Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

Becky said...

These are just fabulous Barb. Love the colors of the first one and the second one is just beautiful

Sandy said...

Very beautiful! I love the orange and I love this embossing folder!!!

Ann said...

Great cards! I love the color combos!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What beautiful cards Barb!! Love the colors and designs on them both!! That fifth ave floral embossing folder is one of my faves!

Jacquel said...

These are wonderful Barb...tfs!!!